MCDONALD’S ALL AMERICAN GAMES
- Event Marketing
- Brand Activation
STARS OF TOMORROW SHINE TODAY AT THE MCDONALD’S ALL AMERICAN GAMES
The premier showcase of high school basketball has elevated the McDonald’s brand among a core younger audience and raises millions of dollars for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. KemperLesnik works with McDonald’s to produce the nationally-televised event.
- The largest crowds in the game’s history, while improving game operations, fan experience and McDonald’s brand presence
- Increased sponsor revenue, while adding new sponsors, including American Family Insurance and Adidas
- Increased annual proceeds to Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Management of TV production, PowerAde Jam Fest, team practices, player and family logistics, security, game week activities, game operations
- Lead ticketing strategy and sales operations
The McDonald’s All American Games are synonymous with excellence in the sport and had been a traveling showcase, awarded to regional McDonald’s co-ops and fundraisers for the local Ronald McDonald House. Prior to KemperLesnik involvement, the games were seeing reduced attendance and charitable contributions and the event was moved to Chicago to revive the story's brand. The agency was involved in helping to reshape the approach towards the games and bring new ticketing and sponsorship strategies to increase the ROI of the event.
The agency team devised an improved fan experience, game operations approach and increased brand presence for McDonald’s. The team also struck new sponsorship partners to enhance the impact on the Ronald McDonald’s House Charities.
Improved Fan Experience
PowerAde Jamfest Soars
McDonald’s and Coca-Cola work with KemperLesnik to produce the PowerAde Jamfest as kick-off to the McDonald’s All American Games week. In 2016, the team brought the event into the iconic Chicago Theater to add new energy for fans and ESPN viewers.
“Every interaction with our brand should look and feel like this one”
Don Thompson, former CEO,