Sports Marketing & Events Intern
December 17, 2020
Position Title: Sports Marketing & Events Intern
Location: Chicago Office
Closing Date: When filled
Respond To: firstname.lastname@example.org
KemperLesnik is currently accepting applications for the position of Sports Marketing & Events Intern. The KemperLesnik Internship program is designed to expose a highly-motivated individual to all aspects of several premier athletic events. The Intern is responsible for supporting the KemperLesnik event team in all areas including; sponsorship sales and fulfillment, ticket marketing, sales and fulfillment, media relations, hospitality, communications with participants, and event operations.
This internship is intended to support academic programs that provide and/or require internship experience for college credit and is ongoing. It is a non-paid position with flexible hours (minimum of 20 hours per week) to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
Interns will be virtual with potential to work at KemperLesnik’s Downtown office (10 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1844) but also work from the agency’s Northbrook office (500 Skokie Blvd., Suite 444) as directed. Hours are typically 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but are flexible depending on class schedule.
Interested parties are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in day to day contact with event participants
- Assist in all aspects of planning, setup, execution and post-event operations
- Assist with fulfillment of sponsor contracts as well as assist with post-event wrap up reports
- Assist with all ticket related processes
- Work with the sales team in researching potential sponsors and developing sales decks
- Assist the media relations team
- Must be junior or senior in college with degree focus in business, marketing or sports management
- Previous internships preferred
- Experience in corporate sales, athletic ticket sales, media /sports advertising, sports related marketing and promotions, sports event operations, or other externally related field
- Experience with a professional sports franchise, collegiate athletic office, sporting venue or activation agency
- Demonstrated proficiency and interest in events
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- A strong work ethic
- Strong customer service skills over the telephone, in person, and through written communication
- Must be fluent with Office programs including Word and Excel
- Desktop publishing/design skills (i.e. Photoshop, PageMaker, Illustrator) a plus
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Utilization of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software.
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 30 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly