National Sales Executive
September 9, 2019
Position Title: National Sales Executive
Location: Chicago Office
Closing Date: When filled
Located right on the Chicago River, KemperLesnik is a new, growing, modern office, located in the heart of Chicago’s downtown area. KemperLesnik is central to all forms of transportation, including the highway. We are steps from both Union Station, Ogilvie and endless restaurant options. Our building faces the river and features a tenant lounge as well as a fitness facility. The office is located on the 18th floor and is bright with city views. For more information on our company and culture visit our website at www.kemperlesnik.com.
Responsible for generating revenue through sales across the agency’s platform of services, including sponsorships of key sports and lifestyle properties owned and managed by KemperLesnik, third-party event management services, public relations services, content production services and brand activation services. The ideal candidate will understand how to sell strategically across the agency’s platform by communicating how the broad portfolio can help brands grow by creating lasting impressions with their customers. The ideal candidate will possess an ability to confidently network with marketing leaders at top-tier brands as well as build relationships with strategic media agencies who manage the advertising budgets for leading brands. Proven national sales experience and contacts are a must. The position is based in Chicago at the KemperLesnik home office. Compensation will consist of base salary, plus sales commission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for closing new business and renewing existing accounts to achieve annual net revenue goals.
- Research and create target lists for selling across the agency’s platform of services.
- Email and cold call targets to generate leads and interest.
- Personal meetings with prospects to close deals.
- Analyze specific marketing needs of prospects.
- Write compelling proposals with varying marketing elements from a diverse portfolio of assets, properties and services.
- Demonstrate superior presentation skills. Easily present in front of a group as well as in a more personal setting.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Communicate well across all areas of the company, including with internal agency teams in events, activation and public relations, who are responsible for managing and organizing logistics across all clients.
- Provide consistent and detailed sales reports.
- Proficiency in using, managing and reporting through Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree is required with minimum equivalent of 3-5 years of full-time experience in sports, media or agency sales.
- Proven track record in generating new and incremental sales.
- Knowledge, interest, in growing sports and lifestyle-related event and activation businesses.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to self-motivate.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, including phone etiquette and written correspondence.
- Understands and provides superior customer service.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com or other software needed to create professional sales proposals.
***QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST, YOUR SALARY HISTORY ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME.